Originally founded in 2010 as a program of IFP, The Film Festival Alliance (FFA) was established in 2015 as an independent non-profit organization which develops and fosters collaboration among mission-driven film festivals around the world.
With over 200 participating film organizations, the FFA works year-round to celebrate and support the art of film by connecting festival professionals with one another and with the greater filmmaking community, creating a sustainable professional environment for the presentation of film and media programs.
The Film Festival Alliance fosters collaboration among mission-driven film festivals to develop sustainable events that educate and entertain audiences.
- Film festivals strengthen communities. They educate and inspire, nourish minds and spirits and enrich lives.
- The film festival experience is characterized by encounters with films, filmmakers and audiences in a positive place supported by professionalism and expertise.
- Collaboration is important to advancing the film festival field. The Film Festival Alliance is strengthened through its relationships with people, film festivals, communities and other organizations.
- Our strength is our diversity among the broad range of people and organization we represent.
- The Film Festival Alliance supports active participation in the global film community and embraces international perspectives as central to its core mission.
- Integrity. We value honesty and ethical behavior in all that we do. We are accountable and responsible for our decisions and actions.
- Collaboration. We seek to foster collaboration over competition among festivals, membership and the film festival community.
- Openness. We are committed to transparency in our operations and communicate truthfully about our efforts and activities.
- Courage. We strive to do the right thing by being proactive, valuing criticism, accepting tension, and taking risks.
- Inclusiveness. We seek out and embrace diversity among membership and leadership, in background, race, gender and gender preference, as well as in thought and action.
- Creativity. We envision what might be, encourage innovation, tolerate ambiguity, and understand that the risk of failure is inherent in the creative process.
- Excellence. We value the highest quality in everything we do and how we do it.
We will champion the vital role of film festivals, filmmakers and cinema culture in the 21st Century and beyond.