On Sunday July 30th, FFA sponsored a Meet The Festival Directors & Programmers panel at the University Film and Video Association Conference in Los Angeles. The panel gave film teachers a chance to meet and ask questions of film festival professionals. Participants included programmers from the Bentonville Film Festival, the Utah Film Awards, Outfest, the Pasadena International Film Festival and the Dallas VideoFest. Over the 90 minutes of conversation, the filmmakers/ teachers learned about our various programming processes and the discussion continued over drinks nearby. Cards were exchanged, friendships were made, and we had fun – as film fest folks do!
Festival Folks: Are you a Former (or Current) Filmmaker?
As part of this year’s Film Festival Alliance conference, we’re introducing a new evening shorts program, comprised of films made by YOU! Submit your short for “Directors on Directing: Shorts from Recovering Filmmakers.” The program will be curated by Jon Gann, founder of the DC Shorts Film Festival and short film programmer extraordinaire.
- Submissions are open to anyone who works for an FFA member festival
- Shorts must be 15 minutes or less (unless it’s REALLY good)
- Screeners must be available online or downloadable
- Send links to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Super Duper Extended Deadline: December 31, 2017
- There is no submission fee and NO waivers will be extended
- The screening will be followed by a Q&A with all attending filmmakers
- A prize will be given to the Audience Award Winner
- The film must have been made and completed between 1957 – 2017.
Registration is now open for the 2018 Art House Convergence and Film Festival Alliance conference.
Register by September 30th and receive Early Bird pricing. FFA Members receive Early Bird through November 30! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
Early Bird + : $495/individual | 3 or more from the same organization
Early Bird: $575/individual
The registration price goes up after September 30th for non-FFA Members. See price schedule below:
October 1 – November 30
Two or more from the same organization: : $625
December 1 – Conference
Two or more from the same organization: : $725
What does the registration fee include?
- Complimentary bus to/from the Zermatt & Homestead Resorts from downtown Salt Lake City (More details on pick-up and drop-off location will be sent prior to conference) *only available on Monday and Thursday of the conference*
- Most meals from Monday evening through Thursday lunchtime (think lunch, dinner, and some light breakfast + Art House Lounge snacks!)
- Drink tickets for use at events throughout the conference
- All the coffee your brain desires! (or tea!)
- Access to all education sessions, workshops, and keynote speakers
- Access to all evening events, like film screenings, trivia and karaoke
- Conference Attendee bag, including program guide, Art House swag, and other educational materials (we’ve been known to have *pretty cool* swag…)
- Online access to speaker and panel presentations following the conference
- And so much more…
What does the registration fee NOT include?
- Hotel reservations (see below)
- Festival Organizer’s Dinner
- Airfare/your mode of transportation to Utah
- Transportation to/from the Zermatt & Homestead Resort when our complimentary buses are not running.
Make Your Hotel Reservations Today
784 W Resort Dr
Midway, UT 84049
Rooms start at $149/night
*NEW: There is a 3-NIGHT minimum at the Zermatt Resort*
To make your reservations at the Zermatt, click here
700 Homestead Dr
Midway, UT 84049
Rooms start at $129/night
To make your reservations at the Homestead, call 1-800-327-7220
*Make sure to mention Art House to get the discounted rates. There are no minimum nights at the Homestead.