FFA presents its final Virtual Regional Roundtable of 2020 at the Indie Memphis Film Festival. Click here to see the schedule and for the registration link.
October 16 & October 30 (NEW DATE)
11am -5pm ET | 10am – 4pm CT | 8am – 2pm PT
Indie Memphis hosts two days of brainstorming, discussing, and sharing case studies on the current state of film festivals. The Regional Roundtable (a virtual event, geographically accessible to all) will take place on Friday October, 16 (before the Indie Memphis Film Festival) and Friday, October 23 (during the festival).
The first day will be industry only meetings about crucial issues including the role of regional festivals in the digital landscape, supporting youth filmmakers, and avoiding tokenism and burnout in the workplace.
October 30 (NEW DATE):
The second day will open up discussions to hear from filmmakers about accountability, restorative justice, and embodiment in digital events.
All attendees of the Regional Roundtable are invited to join the full festival virtual events from October 21 – 29 with a 50% discount off passes. Registration is $30 for both days, and $45 including an Industry Pass.
Full agenda and schedule coming soon. Thank you to our wonderful sponsors Eventive and Film Festival Flix.
Film Festival Alliance is pleased to announce a new opportunity for festivals to team up to better understand and compare our audiences, secure more sponsors and build support in our communities. We are working with Avenue ISR, and a number of member festivals, to launch a collaborative International Film Festival Audience Survey. Avenue ISR has also worked with Art House Convergence for their annual surveying and data capture.
For only $100, you will receive a detailed report of your patron responses, comparisons to the national aggregate, and all of your patrons’ specific data. The survey covers demographics, motivations, deal makers and deal breakers, desired sponsors, willingness to donate, and more. Whether your festival is about to happen, or it happened in the Spring, this survey will give you great insight into your patrons and help you plan more effectively for 2021, assist with sponsor and grant development, and establish national benchmarks, especially in the year of COVID-19.
Sign up your organization at this link by MONDAY OCTOBER 5TH and we’ll send you additional information before you have to commit: Click Here for Survey
Here’s how it works:
- Let FFA know your interest in participating in the Audience Survey.
- You will be billed a nominal fee of $100 that goes to support the research and final report.
- The week of October 26, you will be issued a custom survey link, specific to your festival or event, along with instructions for launch.
- You then have a 7-week window (to allow for different festival schedules) to promote the survey to your patrons using email, social media, etc. by December 13.
- The week of January 4, 2021 you will receive a detailed report of how your patrons and audience members responded, compared to all other participating festivals – demographics, motivations, deal makers and deal breakers, desired sponsors, willingness to donate, etc.
- At our January, 2021 conference, we’ll share the big takeaways plus workshop how to use this information to attract/retain sponsors and enhance community support.
Grab a drink and join us in the Filmmaker Lounge for a candid conversation between festival directors, filmmakers & programmers.
This week, we’ll hear from festival genre festival programmers including Lisa Vandever (CineKink) and Roger Nevitt (Celluloid Screams Horror Film Festival.) Register and submit your questions for them in advance!
As all of us navigate the future of the festival circuit, we’re finding ourselves with more questions than answers. Festivals and filmmakers are pivoting in various directions in response to different circumstances with varying degrees of success. As we move forward, FFA and our member festivals, and Festival Formula, all believe that communication and transparency are critical to the sustainability of the film festival industry.
Moderated by Katie McCullough, Founder of Festival Formula Ltd.