SAVE THE DATES: January 19-23, 2020 Midway, Utah
As the largest annual gathering of art house cinema and festival professionals, community leaders, service providers and suppliers, the Annual Conference attracts participants from across the world. By defining our field, creating a shared vision and vocabulary, and identifying best practices, the Art House Convergence Annual Conference strengthens efforts to sustain art houses cinemas and film festivals of various sizes, operating structures, and programming philosophies. The goal of the Annual Conference is to engage art house theaters, film festivals, film societies, museums, and other exhibition-oriented organizations in conversations of great relevance to our field.
2020 Conference Updates:
- Registration: EARLYBIRD REGISTRATION Expires October 17th!
- Travel + Accommodations: If you haven’t yet booked your lodging, we have some new options and Airbnb has options available as well.
- Complimentary bussesWe will offer complimentary shuttle service from the SLC airport to the Zermatt and Homestead Resorts on Sunday, January 19 and Monday, January 20. On Thursday, January 23, we will offer complimentary shuttle service to the SLC airport and to Park City for the Sundance Film Festival. You must RSVP by December 16 to use AHC’s shuttle service.
Why you Should Attend:
- Everyone Speaks Film: At FFA@AHC, everyone speaks film exhibition. Programming includes sessions geared solely for festivals, as well as sessions for independent movie theaters, and crossover panels, so that we’re all learning from one another. With over 500 participants from across North America, there are many new connections ripe for the making.
- Events from $30k to $3 Million – We Program For You: We know that not everyone has a budget over $1M..or even over $100K. Which is why every session is designed to address the needs of all festivals. Panels include organizers from very small events to larger industry leaders — and participants are accessible and friendly.
- Created for Festival & Art House Folks… By Festival & Art House Folks: Both the Art House Convergence and Film Festival Alliance tracks of the annual conference are programmed by working professionals, who are keenly aware of industry trends and hot topics, and the necessity of our community to come together to create a space that is inclusive and welcoming for festivals big and small, old and new, and everyone in between.
- Interface with Your People: It’s said that there are 3,000 film festivals — and 2,999 way to run one. Meet fellow organizers throughout the conference, exchange ideas and successes, collaborate on future events — and make friends with the one group of people who truly understands what you do, and the trials and tribulations that challenge us every day.