January 21-24, 2019 Midway, Utah
2019 Conference Updates:
- Registration: Advanced Pricing ($675 for 1+ from an organization/$755 for individual) ENDS December 12th! Click here to register NOW.
- Travel + Accommodations: If you haven’t yet booked your lodging, we have some new options and Airbnb has options available as well.
- Complimentary buses from Salt Lake City to the resorts will run on on Sunday, January 20 and Monday, January 21. The drive is approximately 1 hour. On Thursday, January 24 we will offer complimentary buses from the resort to the SLC airport and to Park City for the Sundance Film Festival. Click here for schedule & reservations.
PANELS ANNOUNCED: FFA & AHC have announced a number of panels ahead of the full schedule. All registrants are welcome to attend any conference tracks and sessions. Click here for the full 2019 conference lineup! Highlights include:
- Pro Tips for Parity: Lessons From the Front Line
- New Ideas From the Old World: Learning From Our EU Counterparts
- The Kids Are Alright: The Cinematic Landscape of the Future
- UX for Festivals & Cinemas: Are you user friendly?
- Finding the True Believers: Developing & Nurturing Your Board:
- Something to Talk About: Post-Screening Discussions
- Integrating Volunteers Into Your Organization
- Success in the Public Sector: Telling your Story and Navigating Funding:
- Eventizing for Wider Audiences
- Movies So White: Decolonizing Programming
- Is It Safe In Here? A Conversation on Trigger Warnings, Content Consideration, and Audience Consent
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
2019 Conference Goals:
- Community Building. We commit to addressing pressing challenges in our industry and developing better structures to support open discussion, collaboration, and participation. We are guided by the following following questions: “What are the most challenging topics facing our industry?” and “How can we take risks, collaborate, and support each other in addressing these topics?” We commit to hosting more workshops, small group sessions, and speakers, and to devoting more time for unstructured networking. We will also continue to invite participants from related industries to share their perspectives.
- Elevate the Conversation. We commit to ensuring the conference remains relevant. We want to challenge ourselves and push conversations in new and sometimes difficult directions. We embrace new ways of thinking and strongly encourage radical and innovative conversation topics. We welcome participation from people of all levels of expertise and will offer introductory and advanced educational experiences.
- Action Beyond the Conference. We commit to offering tools to facilitate action throughout the year. We believe that takeaways from panels should be as clear and tangible as possible. We encourage panelists to think about different learning styles and to engage attendees using visuals, sound, and handouts.
- Equity and Inclusivity. We commit to pursuing structural, economic, and conceptual equity, accessibility, and inclusivity. We recognize that the voices and experiences of people of color, people who are disabled, and people who are female-identifying and gender nonconforming, have often been unheard in conversations about our industry. This must change. We want all aspects of the conference to include many, and particularly historically suppressed, perspectives. We want to host conversations with organizations of different regions, sizes, and non-profit/for-profit status and commit to hearing our community share ideas and experiences about how to foster equity and inclusion in programming, hiring, human resources, marketing, operations, outreach, and education.
About Art House Convergence & Film Festival Alliance Annual Meeting
As the largest annual gathering of Art House cinema and festival professionals, community leaders, service providers and suppliers, the annual conference attracts participants from across the world.By defining our field, creating a shared vision and vocabulary, and identifying best practices, the educational components of the Art House Convergence annual conference strengthen efforts to sustain Art House cinemas and film festivals of various sizes, operating structures and programming philosophies.The goal of the annual conference is to engage art house theaters, film festivals, film societies, museums and other exhibition-oriented organizations through a variety of topics. Click Here For Registration & Pricing >
Why you Should Attend:
- Everyone Speaks Film: At FFA@AHC, everyone speaks film exhibition. Programming includes sessions geared solely for festivals, as well as sessions for independent movie theaters, and crossover panels, so that we’re all learning from one another. With over 500 participants from across North America, there are many new connections ripe for the making.
- Events from $30k to $3 Million – We Program For You: We know that not everyone has a budget over $1M..or even over $100K. Which is why every session is designed to address the needs of all festivals. Panels include organizers from very small events to larger industry leaders — and participants are accessible and friendly.
- Created for Festival & Art House Folks… By Festival & Art House Folks: Both the Art House Convergence and Film Festival Alliance tracks of the annual conference are programmed by working professionals, who are keenly aware of industry trends and hot topics, and the necessity of our community to come together to create a space that is inclusive and welcoming for festivals big and small, old and new, and everyone in between.
- Interface with Your People: It’s said that there are 3,000 film festivals — and 2,999 way to run one. Meet fellow organizers throughout the conference, exchange ideas and successes, collaborate on future events — and make friends with the one group of people who truly understands what you do, and the trials and tribulations that challenge us every day.