Spotlight Support Program Description / Procedural Guidelines
Spotlight Support Program Description
The Spotlight Support Program is a great way for Film Festival Alliance (FFA) members to generate self-earned revenue by leveraging unused/underused screen time during their events. This is a turnkey revenue generating opportunity offered exclusively to U.S. film festivals that are Film Festival Alliance Organizational members.
Spotlight Cinema Networks is a sponsor of the Film Festival Alliance (FFA) which will run advertising spots associated with this sponsorship. The FFA will not receive any compensation, percentage or otherwise, from the advertisements that will appear onscreen. All payments are solely due to the Participating Festival(s).
Spotlight Support Program Process
Advertisements provided by Spotlight to Participating Festivals will consist of a 30-second spot or 60-second spot coupled with an added 5-10 second tag announcing the Spotlight advertising client as a supporter of film festivals via the FFA. Each Participating Festival will display the advertisement provided by Spotlight during the preshow period before each festival feature film screening. Participation in the Program does not guarantee an advertisement for placement. It is at Spotlight’s sole discretion as to which festivals and which advertisers to include in the program.
- Spotlight will inform each Participating Festival of the name of the upcoming client advertiser(s) to avoid any conflicts with other sponsors of the Participating Festival. Each Participating Festival is entitled to reject an advertisement at this stage only on the basis of a sponsor conflict.
- If rejected, no additional payment will be provided to the festival;
- If the Participating Festival accepts to air an advertisement, it will certify in writing that the advertisement will be displayed during the preshow period before all festival feature film screenings. Spotlight will then send a digital format of the spot to the Participating Festival, which will have a final opportunity to opt out of displaying the advertisement if, based on reasonable standards, the Participating Festival deems it to be inappropriate
- Each Festival will be subject to signing a standard program indemnification agreement (provided by Spotlight) before creative is forwarded to each Participating Festival
Spotlight will pay a fee to each Participating Festival to display the advertising content provided by Spotlight before each feature film screening. The fee paid by Spotlight will vary based on the Participating Festival’s screening attendance numbers (including individual Festival staff) when submitting application for participation.
- The fee will typically range between $1,000 to $6,000. The minimum payment will be $1,000 and a maximum of $6,000 for advertisements up to 60 seconds. Spotlight will inform each Participating Festival of the exact amount payable prior to its display of the advertisement.
- The fee established by Spotlight is the total amount payable for displaying the advertisement before all festival feature film screenings, not an amount owed for each time the advertisement is screened.
- Each Participating Festival must provide Spotlight with an affidavit that the advertisement was properly screened before each festival feature film screening as required.
- Spotlight will provide payment to a Participating Festival within 30 days of receipt and acceptance of the affidavit.
About Spotlight Cinema Networks
Spotlight Cinema Networks is the only cinema advertising company dedicated to serving the needs of art house and luxury exhibitors for cinema advertising, preshow entertainment, event cinema and digital display distribution. The company is a national advertising vehicle with a focus on the top 25 DMAs providing cinema advertising, in-lobby promotions and integrated experiential programs for advertisers targeting affluent and highly educated moviegoing audiences. CineLife Entertainment®, Spotlight Cinema Networks’ newest division, acquires and distributes event cinema and alternative content titles in the U.S. and international markets. Spotlight Cinema Networks represents the top exhibitors in these genres, including segment leaders Angelika Film Center, Cinepolis Luxury Cinemas, Flix Brewhouse, Laemmle Theatres, Landmark Theatres, and Silverspot Cinema. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, with offices in New York and Chicago.
Spotlight Support Program Contact
Patrick Ferris, Director, Advertising Operations
NOTE: Please contact Patrick Ferris for all inquiries including
- Program indemnification agreement
- Advertising spot creative delivery (options, deadlines, production specs, etc.)
- Advertising spot review and preshow onscreen placement confirmation and affidavits
Program Indemnification Agreement
- Each Participating Festival will be sent the agreement via separate correspondence
Advertising Spot HD Digital Specs
- File formats DCP or H.264
- Delivery options Digital Download Link or Flash Drive*
*All deliveries will be made one (1) week prior to start of participating festivals (unless otherwise noted)
- Please download the form here: FFA.SupportProgram.Guidelines.Yr 4.Final.Affidavit.
All signed affidavit documents, confirming that the advertisement ran per agreement, should be sent to Patrick Ferris’ attention at Affidavit@spotlightcinemanetworks.com or faxed to (818) 743-7658.