Why should I join the Spotlight Support Program?
The Spotlight Support Program is a great way for Film Festival Alliance (FFA) members to generate self-earned revenue by leveraging unused/underused screen time during their events. This is a turnkey revenue generating opportunity offered exclusively to U.S. film festivals that are Film Festival Alliance organizational members.
Spotlight Cinema Networks is a sponsor of the Film Festival Alliance (FFA) which will run advertising spots associated with this sponsorship. The FFA will not receive any compensation, percentage or otherwise, from the advertisements that will appear onscreen. All payments are solely due to the Participating Festival(s.)
How does the Program work?
Festival completes and submits an online application, providing key contact information, overview and history.
FFA Sponsor Advertisements
Advertisements provided by Spotlight to Participating Festivals will consist of a 30-second spot or 60-second spot coupled with an added 5-10 second tag announcing the Spotlight advertising client as a supporter of film festivals via the FFA. Each Participating Festival will display the advertisement provided by Spotlight during the preshow period before each festival feature film screening. Participation in the Program does not guarantee an advertisement for placement. It is at Spotlight’s sole discretion as to which festivals and which advertisers to include in the program.
- Spotlight will inform each Participating Festival of the name of the upcoming client advertiser(s) to avoid any conflicts with other sponsors of the Participating Festival. Each Participating Festival is entitled to reject an advertisement at this stage only on the basis of a sponsor conflict.
- If rejected, no additional payment will be provided to the festival.
- If the Participating Festival accepts to air an advertisement, it will certify in writing that the advertisement will be displayed during the preshow period before all festival feature film screenings. Spotlight will then send a digital format of the spot to the Participating Festival, which will have a final opportunity to opt out of displaying the advertisement if, based on reasonable standards, the Participating Festival deems it to be inappropriate.
- Each Festival will be subject to signing a standard program indemnification agreement (provided by Spotlight) before creative is forwarded to each Participating Festival.
Spotlight will pay a fee to each Participating Festival to display the advertising content provided by Spotlight before each feature film screening. The fee paid by Spotlight will vary based on the Participating Festival’s screening attendance numbers (including individual Festival staff) when submitting application for participation.
- The fee will typically range between $1,000 to $6,000. The minimum payment will be $1,000 and a maximum of $6,000 for advertisements up to 60 seconds. Spotlight will inform each Participating Festival of the exact amount payable prior to its display of the advertisement.
- The fee established by Spotlight is the total amount payable for displaying the advertisement before all festival feature film screenings, not an amount owed for each time the advertisement is screened.
- Each Participating Festival must provide Spotlight with an affidavit that the advertisement was properly screened before each festival feature film screening as required.
- Spotlight will provide payment to a Participating Festival within 30 days of receipt and acceptance of the affidavit.
“It would not be exaggerating to say that the Spotlight Support Program helped elevate the experience at Horrible Imaginings Film Festival. Because the folks at Spotlight work so hard to find sponsors that are strong fits for us thematically, the sponsor messaging on display at the event was relevant and of interest to our audience. With the helpfulness of the team and the strong financial support of the sponsors they find, the partnership offered by the Spotlight Support Program is unparalleled!” Miguel Rodriquez, Director, Horrible Imaginings Film Festival
“The Spotlight Support Program has been indispensable for Other Worlds Austin, supplying us with an easily recognizable corporation that adds credibility to the festival to leverage with the rest of our sponsors, in addition to the always appreciated financial support. The team is easy to work with and quick to respond to questions. And someone in our audience told me they actually bought the car we featured two years in a row, so apparently it’s great for advertisers as well.” – Bears Rebecca Fonte, Founder/Director of Programming, Other Worlds Austin Sci Fi Film Festival
“Last year marked our first experience, of which we hope will be many, with the Spotlight Support Program. Not only did they provide cinema-quality content that set a tone for our patrons, but they also brought meaningful revenue to the table which made a substantial difference to our bottom line. Their staff is professional and easy to reach, and they deliver. I wish all partnerships were this seamless and elegant.” – Kathryn Hecht, Executive Director, Alexander Valley Film Society
“We absolutely loved working with the Spotlight Support Program. Not only was it simple and helpful to our budget but we were able to highlight a company we already love, and their new campaign actually got people talking during the festival quite a bit.” – Melanie Addington, Executive Director, Oxford Film Festival
About Spotlight Cinema Networks
Spotlight Cinema Networks is the only cinema advertising company dedicated to luxury and art house theatres. The company is a national advertising vehicle with a focus on the top 25 DMAs. Our exhibitor partners specialize in the best of independent and “smart” Hollywood films. Spotlight Cinema Networks is owned by Wagner-Cuban Companies and Arthouse Marketing Group, and represents the top exhibitors in this genre, including segment leaders Angelika Film Center, Laemmle Theatres and Landmark Theatres. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, with offices in New York and Chicago.