Congratulations to the film festival organizers and programmers who were selected for the FFA/SIO Diversity Pass Program, an initiative between the two organizations to encourage and cultivate diversity within the film festival industry. Out of 10 passes that will be comped or discounted, attendees represent 9 states and Canada, 9 are first-time Sundance Film Festival attendees, 8 are women, 6 are people of color, and 3 represent the LGBTQ community.
“We’re thrilled to collaborate with our friends at the Film Festival Alliance, who share our passion and commitment to diversity, on expanding access to our Festival,” said Rosie Wong, Director, Industry Relations, Sundance Institute. “We’re eager to welcome the organizers of the many festivals that spotlight diverse points of view and experiences, and help them connect audiences to the bold, independent work we showcase.”
We looking forward to seeing everyone in Park City in January!
- Ian Damon Martin, Community Outreach Director, Middle Coast Film Festival (Chicago, IL)
- Patrice Francois, Co-Founder/Director, Imagine This Women’s International Film Festival (Brooklyn, NY)
- Kevin Sampson, Festival Director, DC Black Film Festival (Washington, DC)
- Savine Wong, Executive Director, Reel Asian International Film Festival (Toronto, Canada)
- Susan Chinsen, Founding Director, Boston Asian American Film Festival (Boston, MA)
- Alyx Picard, Director of Festival and Operations, Dead Center Film Festival (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Kathryn Hecht, Founder/Director Alexander Film Festival (Sonoma County, CA)
- Anna Colavito, Founding Director, Scout Film Festival (Stowe, VT)
- LaSonya Thompson, Founder/Director, InterFaith Film & Music Festival (NY, NY)
- Rachel Morgan, Creative Director, Sidewalk Film Festival & Sidewalk Cinema (Birmingham, AL)