Film Festival Alliance creates a collaborative global community for mission-driven film festivals. FFA advocates for a sustainable and inclusive environment for our industry within the cinema exhibition ecosystem and creates a powerful collective voice for film festivals and the people who run them.
Founded in 2010 as a program of IFP, Film Festival Alliance (FFA) was established in 2015 as an independent non-profit networking organization, and now serves a membership of more than 180 organizations and individuals – representing a diverse array of size, geographic location and annual budget. FFA presents year-round professional development, and engagement opportunities around the country, offers valuable money-saving benefits and creates a collective community for festival professionals.
FFA works year-round to celebrate and support the art of film, filmmaking and film presentation by connecting festival professionals with one another, and with other industry stakeholders including the greater filmmaking community.
We will champion the vital role of film festivals, filmmakers and cinema culture in the 21st Century and beyond.
- Film festivals strengthen communities. They educate and inspire, nourish minds and spirits and enrich lives.
- The film festival experience is characterized by encounters with films, filmmakers and audiences in a positive place supported by professionalism and expertise.
- Collaboration is important to advancing the film festival field. The Film Festival Alliance is strengthened through its relationships with people, film festivals, communities and other organizations.
- Our strength is our diversity among the broad range of people and organization we represent.
- The Film Festival Alliance supports active participation in the global film community and embraces international perspectives as central to its core mission.
- Integrity. We value honesty and ethical behavior in all that we do. We are accountable and responsible for our decisions and actions.
- Collaboration. We seek to foster collaboration over competition among festivals, membership and the film festival community.
- Openness. We are committed to transparency in our operations and communicate truthfully about our efforts and activities.
- Courage. We strive to do the right thing by being proactive, valuing criticism, accepting tension, and taking risks.
- Inclusion & Equity. We seek out and embrace diversity among membership and leadership, in background, race, gender and gender preference, as well as in thought and action.
- Creativity. We envision what might be, encourage innovation, tolerate ambiguity, and understand that the risk of failure is inherent in the creative process.
- Excellence. We value the highest quality in everything we do and how we do it.
Where is Film Festival Alliance headed?
- Creation of equitable and ethical practice guidelines for film association and festival members
- Developing further member resources and benefits
- Creating partnerships that are beneficial to our industry
- Advocating for film festivals at the local, state and federal level
- Raising the profile of the film festival field/industry
- Addressing the continual paradigm shift within technology, consumption and culture
- Collaborating and sharing of ideas with festivals from around the globe