Cine Las Americas seeks an experienced leader for the 25th Cine Las Americas International Film Festival, June 7 -11, 2023 in Austin, TX at AFS Cinema and Galaxy theatres. The Festival Director will be passionate about Cine Las Americas' mission and lead the festival staff to ensure all components of the existing festival roadmap are fulfilled successfully and within the necessary timelines. The Festival
Director serves as the public representative of CLAIFF25.
• Manage festival components and timelines and ensure successfully executed.
• Support, collaborate and supervise a core staff of 9 ensuring deliverables are fulfilled.
• Help organize festival event management planning in the different festival facets.
• Manage and track budget, invoices, and key indicators with CLA Administrator and Accountant.
• Help recruit, evaluate, and monitor festival personnel, subcontractors, and volunteers for vacant roles.
KEY AREAS OF MANAGEMENT OVERSIGHT:
With support from the CLA Administrator, the Festival Director serves in the primary role of working with key staff assigned to each of the areas below and ensure components are fulfilled timely and successfully.
• Venue coordination and logistics
• Special Events & Red Carpet
• Programming and Traffic
• Public Relations & Communications Coordination – web, social media, on-site
• Volunteer management
• Sponsorship and member deliverables at festival
• Festival deliverables set up: print, signage, giveaways
• Daily Run of Show
• Comfortable in outward facing role with public, sponsors, media and filmmakers – serves as lead ambassador of the festival with support from Board and staff.
• Experience in organizational and project management with effective leadership skills.
• A strong financial skill set to manage a budget with support from CLA administrator and accountant.
• Ability to balance expectations, multi-task, prioritize choices and remain calm under pressure.
• Written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
A minimum of 3 - 5 years of demonstrated success in staff leadership, event management, partnership development and financial management. Work experience with a non-profit organization encouraged. Film festival experience is highly desired.
Strong and effective oral and written communication abilities. Knowledge of sponsor development, grant writing, marketing and public relations. A passion and understanding of the significance of the CLA mission. Bilingual is strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION: $8000 paid out in monthly stipends: February – July, 2023
• February – June:
• This is a PART TIME role February – April; May & June becomes closer to full time as necessary for the final 6 weeks.
• Self-determined schedule with availability for weekly meetings with staff and CLA Administrator (times and date TBD), and with volunteer orientations as gets closer to festival dates.
• Remote work from home
• Required in-person for any in-person staff/volunteer orientations or sponsor support in May and June.
• Required May 7 – June 17th with on-site presence at festival and during festival events.
To Apply Please submit the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover Letter
• 3 Professional References (optional but preferred)
Cine Las Americas is a cultural, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Austin Texas, offering theatrical screenings of films made by and/or about Latinos or Indigenous peoples of the Americas.
Films from Spain and Portugal are also included, enhancing a truly Pan-American cinematic experience.
The mission of Cine Las Americas is to promote cross-cultural understanding and growth by educating, entertaining and challenging the diverse Central Texas community through film and media arts.