From January 11-15 2021, Film Festival Alliance, together with our industry partners, presented FilmEx (#FilmEx21), a virtual gathering for film exhibitors of all kinds. FilmEx presented conversations exploring the sustainability and future of the independent film exhibition industry and how it can and might be reimagined. The conference was designed for film festival and art house cinema professionals and our stakeholders.
The five-day conference included:
- Panels & Presentations
- Skill Workshops
- Networking & Breakout & Small Group Sessions
- Vendor Expo
- FFA Annual Meeting
- Evening Socials including karaoke, trivia, group screenings, etc.
- Programming Partners include IFP, Art House Convergence, Alliance for Action, Avenue ISR, Queering the Cinema, Together Films, Firelight Media, Full Spectrum Features, Festival Formula, LTD., Theatrical at Home and more.
- Track Slacks: Slack channels to continue the conversation & for pre-scheduled discussions
- Vendor Expo: Open at designated times throughout the conference, delegates visited with conference vendor partners
- Meet the Distributors: Open at specific times throughout the conference, delegates visited with conference distributor partners.
Conference Registration (All registration revenue supports FFA’s 2021 Programming):
FilmEx 2021 Programming Committee: Bears Rebecca Fonte (Other Worlds/aGLIFF), Gina Cuomo (Denver Film), Jamie Webb (Milwaukee Film), Faridah Gbadamosi (Mill Valley/Coven/OutStream), Alan LaFave (Hell’s Half Mile), Gray Rodriguez (FFA/Tallgrass), Barbara Twist (FFA/Vidiots), Lela Meadow-Conner (FFA/mama.film)