Why should I join Film Festival Alliance?
In addition to networking and access, Film Festival Alliance members meet annually at the Art House Convergence in Midway, Utah every January. The film organization and festival-specific programing allows our colleagues to meet face-to-face and to share experiences and strategies. Film Festival Alliance panels, roundtables and workshops are presented by fellow members, and address the full spectrum of organizational size and budget ranges.
New in 2018, FFA will begin offering Regional Roundtable gatherings at the Seattle International Film Festival (May), Woods Hole Film Festival (July) and Cucualorus Festival (November.) These meet-ups are designed to bring colleagues together while offering them the opportunity to program films and meet filmmakers. More information is coming soon!
Film Festival Alliance is dedicated to serving its members — all of them. Festivals small, medium and large benefit from each others connections, stories, resources and tips. As the Film Festival Alliance grows, we encourage you to let us know what benefits you would like to see from your membership, so that we can better serve our members, our common challenges and our individual challenges, as we celebrate and share our triumphs.
What are the Membership Fees?
All the benefits listed here. Under individual name, and not Festival or Organization.
For Festivals and Film Events with annual budgets under $500,000 per year.
For Festivals and Film Events with annual budgets over $500,000 per year.
For Festivals and Film Events with annual budgets over $1,000,000 per year.
Where is Film Festival Alliance headed?
- Creation of best practice guidelines for film association and festival members
- Member resources including a festival personnel database
- Advocacy for film festivals at the local, state and federal level
- Communications in the press and beyond to establish and raise the profile of the film festival field/industry.
What are the Membership Benefits?
The Film Festival Alliance’s membership benefits program is constantly expanding, but consistently, the greatest benefit of belonging is networking and connecting with fellow film festival professionals. Members may also participate in FFA’s special programs as well as save and earn money through sponsoring organizations.
- Agile Ticketing Solutions: 15% Pro + Account Activation ($150 off) + 3 months free
- Elevent: Customized Discount based on organizational structure
- Eventive: FFA members receive 25% off Eventive scanner rentals.
- Festily: 10% off Print Traffic Services
- Film Freeway: $250 credit to be used for any Film Freeway Marketing Service; Special commission rate: 7% (standard 8.5%) + Discounted rate on Ticketing Services: 2% plus $0.99 cents (all inclusive, NO credit card processing fees.) Standard rate: 3% plus $0.99 cents
- Marcato: 10% Discount
- Proludio: 10% Discount to members for first year
- Simple DCP: FFA members who partner have access to the DCP Library, playback servers and rental drives
- Thrive Promos: 10% discount + 5% giveback to FFA and other local charities
- Spotlight Cinema Networks: Spotlight Support Program for Approved Festivals.
- Access to comp and discounted Industry Passes at Regional Roundtables
- Discounted Film/Music/Interactive Passes to SXSW 2018 (through Jan. 20, 2018)
- Festival Pass Exchange Program (Coming in Early 2018)
- Extended Early Bird or Discount for 2019 Conference
How do I sign up?
Complete the Member Registration below OR send a check made out to Film Festival Alliance (indicate “FFA Membership” on the check) and a business card to: Film Festival Alliance Membership, c/o Anne Chaisson, Hamptons International Film Festival, 47 Newtown Lane, East Hampton, NY 11937
How do I renew?
To renew your membership, simply login to your account, click on “Your Account” in the “Membership” drop down menu, and click on the subscriptions tab and follow the instructions to renew your subscription.